The Garden Club of Santa Barbara, founded in 1916, is still governed by its founding purpose, “encouraging the knowledge and enjoyment of gardening, the art of floral design, the protection of our environment and native plants, the preservation of the historic and horticultural richness of our community and the active support of our civic projects”. In fulfilling this mission today, we partner with our local botanic gardens and historic properties. We actively support the preservation of native plants, and foster that approach through our school outreach program. Our community contributions remain the core of our club. We continue to enrich the knowledge of our members through workshops and programs keeping us abreast of and involved in current trends in horticulture and the challenges of a changing world.